Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Vacation #2- Weekend Getaway

Since 1998 I have gone down to the Shakespeare's Festival in Utah. I missed two years during that time- the year I was on my mission and last year when Matty was born.   I was going to miss this year too, but my husband and kids talked me into taking them with me so I could go see Titus Andronicus. Now you may be wondering why I wanted to see that particular play, let's just say I want to see each of Shakespeare's plays before I die and this one has only been performed one other time since the festival started 51 years ago.  

So we bought our tickets, booked our hotel room, and next thing I knew it was time for Festival! 


Matty helped me pack this time- see he was making sure that the lid was on the hairspray, something that did not happen when we went to Heber. 



We took a quick dip when we got there and everyone had a ball. Then after a dinner at The Pastry Pub we headed over to the festival where we ate tarts to our hearts content. James ate three. 

 That night after the greenshow the kids and dad went back to the hotel and I watched the most disturbing incredible play I have ever seen.

Then next morning we went back and snapped some pictures. The kids loved the fountain.


 This is the Falstaff statue. I have a picture of me for almost every year we've been down sitting at this statue. The kids thought it was more fun to climb on him.

 So when I was looking through the Falstaff pictures, the Juliet pictures and the Lear pictures each one that I was holding him he had his hand down my shirt. Hmm, got to fix that one.


 The kids also thought the Shakespeare bench was awesome.

We stopped at Cove Fort on the second leg of our trip (Cedar City to Provo).  The kid had a ton of fun and we even beat the storm.
 We toured a part of the Fort I hadn't seen before, the kids thought it was awesome.

We got a picture snapped right as the rain started to pour. 
 We headed to Provo through the pouring rain and found our hotel and checked in. Though trying to find a place for dinner on Sunday in Provo turned out to be an epic quest.

The next morning we headed over to the Bradley Family Reunion at Seven Peaks. We had so much fun there and I was so grateful to grab a few shots that Christian's aunts took of our family.





 Then it was time to go home. It was a great fun family weekend. 




1 comment:

  1. Your hair is so long!!! I love it! And I need to find a way out there to go see Shakespeare with you. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete