Thursday, July 5, 2012

"America is free!"

All day long we were treated to the kids running around yelling, "America is free!" They yelled it on the way to IHOP. They quietly muttered it while waiting for their Rooty Jr. They skipped to  it while going to "Brave". They danced it while watching "An American Tale". And they spread the news to their cousins and led them all in a rousing chorus of it while squirting each other with water guns. 


We celebrated in style this year. Christian was feeling under the weather so I took my very patriotic children to breakfast at IHOP (we missed the local Lion's Club breakfast by ten minutes) and then garnered my courage and took all four to see "Brave."  Matty did well, and by well I mean I spent most my time on the floor playing with him and stopping him from crawling up the stairs next to us, he didn't make it till the end though so I heard rather than saw the last twenty minutes. Turns out the only think that kept that boy from crying was standing by the exit sign. 

Christian was feeling better later and was able to come to our family BBQ-- which was awesome!  We had a great time and then watched the Sugarhouse fireworks from the front yard!


The kids loved the balloons that Grammy and Poppa brought with them


Matty did so well...up until eight o'clock. He did sleep through all the fireworks and then went right back to sleep after I woke him up so we could get him home. 


How cute is this boy.
And these girls.


Happy 4th from our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment