Friday, June 27, 2014

Color me....

Last September I jetted off to Morgantown, West Virginia to participate in my first Color Me Rad race. For those of you unfamiliar with these you basically participate in a 5K and as you hit about every kilometer or so you run through a color station where you get colored corn starch thrown at you.  I know it sounds odd but it is honestly one of the funniest 5Ks I have ever done. 

This year I decided to stay a little closer to home, though I love WV and the people who work on the Morgantown race, it was nicer to stay where I didn't have to add two travel days to my schedule. 

This year the plan was to take the girls with me, leaving the boys at home. Laine had a change of plans though and went to Virginia to see her mom, so it was just Eve and I. 

Eve was super excited to participate in this 5K and she was even more excited that it was just her. 

The Color me Rad 5K is a party, and before we got our party on we started for some photo ops in our nice clean white shirts. 





Before we even left the starting gate Eve (and I) were already covered in the color.
 The 5K was about the same path we did a month or so we were ready. We had fun passing through each station, laughing at the other participants and just having a good time. We even stopped now and then to take a selfie or two...


This picture is as we are heading towards the end, We knew were getting to a color station when we would see a cloud of yellow, or pink, or blue that stretched on for a half a block. Eve learned the trick of standing on the outside so she could get the most color. 



After the race we were covered, Eve more than me, but all smiles. 



The boys were very sad that they didn't get to participate in the run, they kept asking if they were going and weren't happy that mom and sister stole away in the morning without taking them. We did bring them home some of our color packets to let them have fun too. 

After a quick but fun colored corn starch fight the boys were also covered and super happy. 


 So here's to a fun race, well see you next year!


1 comment: