Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Epic Denver Trip- part 2

Have I mentioned that Denver is magic? About two days before we left on vacation Matty decided that he wanted to start potty training. That boy was a potty training champ on this trip. I think we only had accidents when he was napping or down for the night. Magic Denver, we think you are awesome and I thank you. Could you send some of your magic to Salt Lake because we have regressed a little.

Okay on to our great trip adventure. One morning we went to check out the Denver Aquarium, even a week later Eve cannot stop talking about how cool it was. It was a fun Aquarium and everyone's favorite part was walking in the fish tunnel and seeing all the fish. 


I think that the kids loved having dad with us the most. It isn't often dad goes to the zoo, museum, and aquarium with us. Those kids just loved being around him, and I understand why-he is a fantastic father. 


The top of my list to visit in Denver was The Garden of the God's. I had read about it on my cousin's blog and knew I had to go. It was awesome and we had a great day there doing some hiking and just playing together. 

Matty enjoyed showing us where we needed to go on our map. 



It isn't often that Christian and get a photo together, and it is even less often that I like any of the pictures (I am not a fan of most pictures I am in) but we had Laine take one while we were on vacation and I loved it. 



 The kids loved hiking and were pretty good at it. the one thing that they did not like was the horse poop that we had to deal with on the first half of the hike. I was impressed with the other family near us that were wheeling a stroller over the rocks and steep trail.  We had a ton of fun though and I think that James is quite awesome at hiking, he is a natural.


On our last day in Denver we went to explore downtown. We found the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve and that was just great. The kids had a ball designing their own money and learning about how the financial world works. 






We then took the free bus to the capital where we walked around and explored. We also found two of the three mile high markers. 


Downtown was fun. The kids enjoyed showing off their talents playing the pianos that were around.

All in all the vacation was a success. We had a fun time with family, ate fantastic food (there might have been an elk and buffalo hot dogs consumed), and saw some fun things. The ride home was even pretty good. No blizzards or storms, just a bunch of Fablehaven and stump dad questions. So thanks Denver, we had a great time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment