Thursday, August 8, 2013

Laine's long locks for Locks of Love

Two years ago Laine noticed her friend Natalie had cut off most of her long red hair. Laine was excited about the change and excited to talk to Natalie about the new 'doo'. Natalie had donated her hair to Locks of Love and when Laine found out what great things this charity does she was quick to decided that she too wanted to donate her hair.

I don't think either one of us knew what would be involved. I learned how to French braid and Laine learned to be patient with me while I learned how to French braid. Laine also became a master ponytail wearer and she even got used to the sponge curlers I made her wear the night before special occasions. 

After two years sans haircuts (other than a trim every nine months or so to get rid of nasty dead ends) Laine's hair was finally long enough. So we scheduled the appointment and Laine was so excited; she is done with long hair and all the maintenance it takes, I must admit I was excited for those same reasons.



One last look at that pretty hair.


Right before the cut



The after look

I am so proud of Laine and this decision. I don't know many kids that would stick with a goal for two years to help out other kids who are sick. She is such a spectacular young woman and I am so lucky to be her mom. 


Well done Miss Laine.


No comments:

Post a Comment