Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Matthew- 9 months

Time just flies by and I now have a this three toothed, crawling, standing, edging his way around furniture baby. He is also eating big boy food. The way that kid piles away bananas, grapes, meatballs, french toast, puffs, cheerios, blueberries...well let's just say that he eats a whole lot. He loves spaghetti and meatballs though, fits right into this family with that love. He also got his first taste of watermelon on Sunday and thought that was probably the best thing he ever ate. 

He is growing quickly and is always on the move. I don't think he can sit still for even one second. It has been fun to watch him grow and discover new things every day.

Of course this growing and moving has made it difficult to take his picture so after many attempts we finally had to put him by his current favorite toy the plastic eggs to make it work. 








Matt also enjoys many other things. He loves banging on the piano and will stand up on his tiptoes and reach for the keys. He finds it even better when his sisters will lift him on the piano bench and he can properly reach them.

I say that he is our big boy but he is still very little when compared to averages.  We took him for his nine month check up and though his is in great health he has only gained a half pound since his last appointment. He is now sitting at  17.12 lbs and 26.75 inches putting him in the 5 and 7 percentiles respectively. So I am wishing I had his metabolism and torn between hoping that he will grow and relieved that I don't have to buy him new clothes anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. How does 9 months go by so quickly? Of course, Aaron is almost 5 months and I'm also wondering how that happened so quickly. Matt is clearly a happy, happy baby - his smile is so big!! And, personally, I don't put any stock in those percentiles - every child grows differently. So long as he's healthy and happy and reaching his milestones... the rest will follow. (But I totally hear ya on wishing I had the metabolism of my children!)

    ReplyDelete