Monday, January 16, 2012

Mother of the Year

Dear Mother of the Year Board,

I am submitting my application for 2012 mother of the year. Bellow is the story and photographic evidence on why I believe I deserve such an award.

On Sunday last my four year old was acting up, I know what you are thinking, "You have a four year old acting up and you think that you deserve mother of the year?" I understand and ask you to please bear with me. Finally I sent him to bed thinking he could get some good rest and we would start anew in the morning. I also thought that maybe the doppelganger that had replaced my normally sweet child would disappear during the night.

Instead in the morning I found something completely different, my four year old felt so comfortable in his own skin that he decided that the best use of a slightly early bed time would be to foster his art talent.

Did he use the wall? No.

Did he use paper? No.

Did he use a book? No.

No my ambitious child decided to branch out into a new medium- the human body:
Please note how well this is actually drawn. notice the details of the scribbles and the excellent shading.

Not only did this budding artist color use his chest, he branched out to an area of skin he could not see while he colored- his face.
Each cheek and forehead adorned with lovely green circles. What more could you ask for?

I have saved the best for last. His best work was saved for a surface he could actually see. His legs-

So dear board, I hope this application meets your standards. I have gently fostered my child's independence and creativity and lead him on a future career path as a tattoo artist.

I anxiously wait your reply.


4 comments:

  1. Mallory stamped green starts all over both of her legs the other day while Steve was "watching" her. She even took her socks off so she could get the bottom of her feet!

    What intelligent, artistic children we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we've all been there! Love the creative post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha! He's a self-hater, clearly. Look out for signs of cutting in his teen years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these creative grandchildren. At least he was smart enough not to draw on all the walls like his sisters used to do (with nail polish, no less). I think you're right up there for Mother of the Year! Get this story published. It's great!

    ReplyDelete