Tuesday, January 10, 2012

6 months!



I am not sure I can believe this but our little baby is six months old. The kids ask me constantly if I can make him stop growing but I have to admit I love having a boy who is slightly more independent!

Matthew decided to conquer rolling over and sitting in the same week period. He loves sitting and struggles to sit up on his own when he is on his back. He loves eating too, well eating everything except anything green. Every time we feed him beans or peas he bursts into screaming tears. He loves everything else though. Favorites tend to be sweet potatoes and bananas but really as long as it is not green he is fine.

He loves playing with his toys and tends to favor his carrot and his big Mickey. He is also a drool beast. I have never seen so much drool come out of one baby.

He had his 6 month appointment today and he is weighing in at 16.69 lbs (33rd percentile) and is 26 inches tall (32nd percentile). We also found out that the bruise under his arm is not a bruise but a strawberry hemangioma. The reason it took us so long to think something was wrong because the hemangioma is under the skin. So we are now using medication to fix that one. I wish I had asked earlier but at least we are fixing it now.

Matthew continues to fill each day with laughter and tears and joy and we just love having him in our family.

1 comment:

  1. You go Matty Boy!!! Keep spitting out the green stuff and ask Mom for chocolate!

    ReplyDelete