Saturday, July 16, 2011

Introducing Matthew Brian

After 2 weeks plus of contractions 2 minutes apart, two trips to the hospital, countless walks around the mall, late nights, numerous shaved ice, 12 hours of induced labor at the hospital and two hours of pushing Matthew Brian joined our family on July 6th at 10:07 pm.
He was a big boy, born a day after his due date, weighing in at 8 pounds 7 ounces. He is a mellow child who loves to be held or swaddled.

His name was a surprise to most of us, Matthew had been my earlier choice but it had been vetoed by Christian. He did, thankfully, put the name back into the mix after the delivery so we were able to name him after his dad and after my dad.

The other three kids fell in love with him the next morning when they came to visit.



They are excited to have a little brother around and still all take turns wanting to hold him.
Grammy also thought that he was too cute to let go when she came to visit.

Because Matty didn't make it up to the nursery until after midnight on July 7th we postponed his bath until the next day. Because of this I was also able to attend the first bath. He was a little angry about being stripped down to nothing and exhibited his Hulk like abilities by turning completely lobster red.


After he was warm again he became our mild manner mellow boy.
I was against having any pictures taken of me while at the hosptial. I didn't want a picture of a haggard me smiling for the camera. But I did give in and let Christian snap a few pictures of the two of us.
We had a lot of visitors while we were at the hospital. And Birdie gifted him with a new nickname Baby Matts or Maths.

We love having him in our family and look forward to getting to know him over many, many years to come.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! So happy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute! I hope he is getting lots of hugs and kisses! - Corrine

    ReplyDelete