Saturday, July 16, 2011

Fourth of July Fun

The Fourth of July is my all time favorite holiday. Not quite sure why, I think I may just enjoy the BBQing, the fun food, the community spirit, the fireworks, or just being with family. This fourth I was very pregnant, contracting every two minutes, and hoping at any moment that things would progress.

In order to take my mind off things Christian and I took the kids to go and see Cars 2, they loved it and Christian and I thought it was a lot of fun too. After we went to visit the new pizza and ice cream parlor in Holliday. The best thing about this place was they had the Dole Pineapple Whip ice cream, the same that you can get at the Tiki Room in Disneyland.
I love the ages the kids are right now, they don't mind when I dress them in the exact same shirt. In fact, they thought it was fun. Christian and I also had matching red shirts, yes sometimes we are the geeky family.

After enforced nap time for everyone, including mom and dad, we headed over to my brother and sister-in-law's for dinner. I brought my traditional flag cake, this year I felt a tad more authentic using 13 stripes on the flag. The cake was a hit!
I was amazed we got all the kids sitting for this picture and even better they were smiling.

After dinner of course everyone had a fun time playing with the pop snaps while the adults got some of the fireworks ready.
The kids loved the smoke bombs, they thought it was one of the best things ever.



James enjoying the last bit of his cake.

The adults hanging out waiting for it to get a bit darker. The best thing about Adam and Amy's is the live a few blocks up from Sugar House Park and you are able to see the firework show from their front yard.We got the sparklers out for the kids and they were a hit. The only problem was they didn't like to catch fire so well. It took three adults forever to get them all working correctly.
Eve shows off her super sparkler skills.
The kids anticipating the next firework in the street. They had a little to much fun with all the fire power we had.

After wrestling Uncle Bart for twenty minutes they found he made a great bench to sit on and watch the fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment