Friday, November 6, 2015

Grinning Ghosts Come Out to Socialize!

As a kid I remember that Halloween really was one day. You wore your costume for the school party and then later for trick-or-treating. If you were lucky there might be another party that you could wear your costume for but that was only if you were super lucky.  It seems my kids are wearing their costumes to many things during the month of October, I really like that, I think it is a lot more fun. 
Red Riding Hood, Katniss Everdeen, Supergirl, Ninja, and Spiderman
My kids started planning their costumes way back in August, I think that is when I bought Matt's (Thanks Prime Day, you may have sucked for everyone else but I got an awesome Spidey costume out of it-oh and diaper wipes) and the other kids poured through catalogs their mom had sent to pick the right one. So come October 1st we were ready.

Our first celebration was with Matt's preschool. Because his teacher was going to be gone over Halloween he celebrated a week early- it was awesome. 

I loved the abundance of super heroes...gotta love 4 year olds. 

Then a week before we had our traditional Bradley Family Spooky food party. There was so much delicious food- it was incredible. Plus the kids had a lot of fun. 
I love the kids with all of their cousins. So many friends, it is great.  


Abby was a pretty good sport, I think she enjoyed the attention. 

I went back and forth and got opinions on Abby's costume this year. We ended up with Supergirl but those who voted for Wonder Woman, fear no. That costume is currently in her closet waiting to be pulled out for Comic Con this spring. Yes, I do realize that my children have absolutely no chance.

We did the ward Trunk or treat the week before Halloween. The kids had fun getting a ton of candy and playing with friends.
Have I mentioned the little kids and super hero thing? 

So we were procrastinating parents this year. We bought our pumpkins on Halloween (we tried to grow them but due to a variety of circumstances we did not get one pumpkin this year), we had to go to two different stores to actually find pumpkins to carve and we were picking the bottom of the barrel there. Lesson learned.
Laine got her pumpkin cleaned out and ready to go before everyone else. 

Matt cleaned out most of his pumpkin on his own. Just a little help from parents.

Eve had a great design but quickly learned that you need more than a sliver of pumpkin between the Jack-o-Lantern's nose and mouth. 

James picked a pumpkin that had trouble standing up (bottom of the barrel, remember?). So he got creative and carved it on it's side. 

After pumpkins were carved we went and trick-or-treated the many grandparents. The kids love it

Trick or treat!!!

..I think the grandparents do too.
Hello, we're here on a top secret mission to collect all the world's candy. 

We finished out our Halloween celebrations with a party with some of our Bellamy family, topped off with Trick-or-Treating with cousins
Even Grammy and Poppa got in on the the fun.


So happy Halloween from my little goblins and ghouls...and thanks for the sweet treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment