Monday, July 29, 2013

Pioneer Day- our own special state holiday

So most states celebrate their individual state holidays on the day they entered the union, not here in Utah, we like to march to the beat of a different drummer. Now to be fair I am okay with this. See Utah entered the Union on January 4th, there is no way I want another day off right after the New Year. I will take my extra holiday in July, thank you very much. 

So we don't have any set traditions this day, very odd for our little family. We hang out with family members and that is always fun, but there is nothing that we do year after year. 

This year it was fun because Christian took the day off with us. We had a relaxing morning and then went over to the Bradley family celebration. We went swimming and the kids loved showing off their crazy dives. 

Even James got in on the action. Something I have to applaud. Here is a confession, I have never jumped off a diving board...and I never will.


Matty enjoyed playing with the toys and all of us enjoyed the many homemade ice creams and the dutch oven cooking.

Our next stop was the Bellamy Family party and a hot dog bar.

The kids had fun riding down Aunt Hilary and Uncle Bart's hill on the mini-bike.
Even Matty got in on the action with some help from Uncle Zach

We had fun celebrating Birdie's birthday as well

And the kids loved chasing the chicken's around.

I had to snap this picture quick. James lost his two front teeth lately but will rarely show that grin, I think he is darling toothless.
We ended the night with a fabulous firework show.


So happy Pioneer day everyone. Same time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment