Wednesday, August 15, 2012

While the kids are away mom will....craft?

Recently my three oldest kids went on vacation with their mom for two weeks and I was home with just Matty. It was odd, I have never had just one kid. Since I was married I have had at least three kid at home. With only one child at home now, and that being the one child who usually took two naps a day, I had a lot more time.  I read three books, went shopping at the mall with my mom, cleaned the house top to bottom, and actually did a few craft projects.

First one that I did was the girls quilts. There were problems after problems with those. Eve's took me forever to sew for two reasons: 1- I didn't get the double flap on the binding so I had to fold it over myself which was difficult. 2- After pinning the quilt a whole bunch I realized that the pin heads were too big to go through the machine so I had to stop every few seconds and pull out the pin. Needless to say there was a lot of sewing and resewing this one.    Laine's was a bit easier but then the bobbin tension went off and I didn't know that until I was almost finished. Yeah. They turned out pretty well though.

Then I made a few banners- one with Back to School activities 

 And one as a Welcome Home banner for the kids
 You can read the full story about these banners on my personal blog.

When I was finished with those I made James and Matty some quiet books for church. To get the story on these easy babies you can check the personal blog too.
So it was nice to have a bit of extra time on my hands, but I am so grateful they are home.

No comments:

Post a Comment