Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Matty's first hair cut

The moment many mother's dread, my little boy was going under the scissors.  I wanted to hold out, I was hoping that his hair might start to curl and I could keep it long just a bit longer with just a little curl around the nape of the neck. But no, the hair never curled and he ended up getting my super fast hair growing gene. 

Still I felt 11 months was too early to cut his hair, what can I say he's my baby.  The girls were on my side, they were starting a no haircut campaign. I was expecting the yard signs would be popping up at any moment and they would get the neighborhood involved.  With their support I figured we could hold out for another month, maybe two. 

The boys though banded together and started talking about buzzing the baby's hair so they could be haircut triplets this summer. Even though I knew they would never buzz it without me around the thought nagged at me and soon I realized that maybe it was time for a haircut. The decision made with a heavy heart I called the local Cookie Cutters and scheduled his appointment. 

They were so good with him. They strapped him in and turned on Yo Gabba Gabba, which happens to be a favorite of his. They let him feel the clippers and see how it tickles. 


 Right before the first cut.

Half way there.
 Happy boy.

He did really well up until the time they started cutting around his ears. He wasn't a fan of that and squirmed a bit but never cried.


Soon they were done and my baby seemed to be replaced by a little boy.
At least I got to keep some of his hair. Not quite sure what you do with it, but hey I have it.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... isn't it amazing how that first haircut suddenly changes them from baby to toddler? Mia was over a year old before her first haircut, but then she's a girl. And I kept some of her hair, too. Put it in your scrapbook - it'll never be that soft and fine again. I'm already dreading Aaron's first haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute! I was a great hair saver too! These days, they could probably recreate your child from a single hair.

    ReplyDelete