Monday, August 16, 2010

Going to the temple and we're going to get married

About 22 years ago my mom brought home a bouncy baby boy. I was ten years older then this little bundle of joy and immediately took him under my wing. He gave us many scares during his life (the day he turned blue still lives in my memory as one of the worse days ever) and he has made us very proud (the Cottonwood game his senior year and his decisions regarding rugby and mission--just to name a few). He became my bud, my shadow. I took him everywhere and spoiled him just like an older sister should. There were trips to Lagoon, the bookstore, and the theater. He participated in things with my friends and really never left my side. He has always been my best bud.

Last week the little boy, who used to have me read to him or watch The Little Mermaid with him many times over, took a sweet young girl to the temple and married her for time and all eternity. We are so happy for them and the kids are excited to offically welcome Aunt McKaye to the family (after months of calling her soon-to-be-aunt McKaye). This marks the end for my parents. All four of their children are married, two of them this year.

It was a fun night and I had fun seeing faces that I hadn't seen in years (I am not sure if Christian had the same amount of fun as I did). Everyone was dressed to the nines and a good time was had by all. Don't believe me, here are the pictures to prove it.




Look sparkerlers! (This picture was taken moments before James thought he would test his parent's knowledge and touch the part that had burned down...guess what they were right, it does hurt.)


Bart being a goof ball with Adam (he stole the camera) getting ready for his big magazine cover.

Look what I found!


We tried very hard to get everyone to look at the camera for this picture. In five or six pictures it did not work.




The same goes for this one. In fact Boston just gave up, that is the top of his head.




See here James and Birdie wer having problems.






My brothers, they are two....special boys.




Wrestle Uncle Addy!!!!







The couple emerging from the temple.



Trouble? What do you mean? We're the most innocent boys around.




Waiting for Zach and McKaye to emerge.


All dressed up and ready to go.


The girls decided to have curly hair for the big day. It was kinda fun putting in the rollers for them.


The wedding dinner was at Gardner Village. They were getting ready to have a big beach party, we couldn't resist snapping our picture for this one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Natalie! You made me all choked up because describing your and ZacH's relationship really reminds me of my relationship with my youngest sister. I was 10 when Sorcha was born; she turned blue the day she came home from the hospital and it was the scariest moment of my life; and she's an affectionate, sweet kid (most of the time :p)

    She's only 14 now, so it'll be a while before she gets married, but I imagine it'll feel a lot like what you described. :)

    Congratulations to Zach and Mckaye, and you all look so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete