Sunday, August 8, 2010

Doggone days of summer

The end of summer is quickly rushing towards me. Soon instead of taking the kids on outings to fun and exotic places, or to go to the movies, or simply being at home taking care of them I will be in a classroom having fun with a whole new set of students.

I am going to miss being a home, it has been an amazing experience.

Nothing new has been going on here. We are just having a good time and getting ready for Zach's wedding this week. Just a week of cousin outings and family reunions (see pictures below). I also took the kids to school with me this week to help me get my room set up. They had a blast drawing and playing with my rolly chair. While I put up pictures and met with the Student Government officers.

Here are some pictures of the Pia family reunion:




Boston excited to have a yummy Thanksgiving dinner in August.
The family reunion was this year at Wheeler Farm. The rain kinda kept us from seeing everything but the kids did have fun trying to find every rooster/chicken that they could.

The happy couple in their lovely Tibetan scarves


My Great-Aunt ZeZe was in charge of the reunion this year. She had just visited Tibet and decided that the tradition of giving others a scarf as a welcome was a great idea. So she brought one home for all the adults. I thought it looked more like a prayer shawl on Christian though.




My aunt also got pony rides for the kids. I think that the kids rode at least five times. They loved it. Here is Eve on her first go.




James just giggled the whole ride.







And Laine was a pro!

Now from the children's museum cousin outings:

Boston and James decide that they'd rather sit in the back of the helicopter, than in the front. Just in case it did take off.


James played at the water area for at least 40 minutes. I had a hard time dragging him away to discover the rest of the museum.



And Laine became a champion wall climber. This is her fourth time up!


The kids loved the helicopter. They pretended they were Lifelight and played in both the copter and in the "mission control" area. They thought it was great they could talk to each other from the control tower to the helicopter via an intercom.





Eve had a fun time being the Doctor on board. She didn't want to relinquish that purple vest when it was time to move on.





Eve also had fun playing the happy postman, delivering mail to all the residents of town. Even the dog had a mail box.




















































1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun summer! I remember it being hard to go back as a kid after my summer fun.

    ReplyDelete