Sunday, July 18, 2010

Shower the people you love with love

This week brought a whole new adventure in being a mom. Christian went out of town for work for the first time since we got married. He took Laine with them and I stayed home the week with Eve and James. We had a fun a busy week with a family reunion at a water park, two sleepovers with grandmas, a trip to the park, a movie, cousin outings, and just fun all around. Though I have to admit it was a relief when Christian got home, this job is much easier with two around.

So being a mom now means that I get to do things that I wouldn't have done a year ago. I love it though. I like visiting places that I hadn't gone before and seeing things that I hadn't seen in years. This week we took a Bellamy Cousin outing to Wheeler Farm. The last time I visited here it was years ago. Twenty, maybe. It was nice to see that some places never change. We fed the fish, laughed at the pigs, took a hay ride, then participated in about an hour of hide-and-go seek.

Eve and Lu after their spaghetti lunch.
We took about five pictures. Even though James isn't sitting down I think this one is my favorite. I love Boston and Lu mimicking Hilary behind me.


Lu and Eve discover the joys of a dual potty outhouse.Wonder where they got that idea from.
The four of them loved the tree house. We had a hard time getting them down to explore the rest of the farm.



One of the highlights of the week though was I finally got to see Carole King in concert. Carole King has been my favorite artist since I was a little girl. My mom and dad played her music constantly and it got to the point that I was personally offended if anyone did not know who she was or thought Aretha sang a better "Natural Woman" than she did. For my birthday my awesome husband got me tickets to see both Carole and James Taylor in concert. A dream come true. Unfortunately, Christian was gone, meaning my friend Darlene got to attend in his place (Darlene is beginning to like when Christian goes, this is the second time she has benefited by his absence). The concert was incredible and I loved every second. It was even better that I got to see it with my parents. We even took a few pictures! Really it was the best birthday present ever.


Singing "Up on the Roof"

Coming back for their second encore.
Ah, James Taylor. He has the honor of being the first person I ever saw in concert.
Darlene and I ready to enjoy the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment