Thursday, August 18, 2016

Goodbye Summer...Hello School!

Summer time, usually by the time August rolls around I am ready for you to be over and for school to start, that was not the case this year. Even though we had a week longer than last year, this summer seemed short and I felt that we were spending every moment squeezing out whatever fun and excitement we could. 

The girls made geeky skirts with Grammy. Laine even sewed her own. 

Modeling the cool Doctor Who skirts! 

Matt and Abby had a swim party at Grandma's and
Grandpa's. Abby had a lot of fun playing with her cousin June! 

Matt really wanted to go to Story time with Ducks, but when it was
his turn he wasn't quite sure about what was happening. 

He warmed up on the second try. 

I asked the kids what we hadn't gotten to this summer that they
really wanted to do. Tie dye was the response. I haven't tie dyed since
I was a teenager but we bought some dye and white shirts then called
the neighbors and had a tie dye party. 

I love our neighbors and how much fun we have with one another. It is great
to be able to have such great friends. 

Abby shows off her stair climbing and super cute
tie dye. 

After a Tuesday full of dentist appointments, haircuts, and errands it was time to head off for another school year. I was not ready this year, I usually am ready to send them back at the end of the summer but we had a really good summer and I hated to let it or the kids go. But off they went on new adventures, at least I got to hold on to Matt for one more week and Abby for a few more years.

Laine ready for the first day of 8th grade. We found out later
that her theater teacher was my student teacher 20 years ago.
I'm sure that I am not that old. 
 

Eve ready for the first day of 6th grade- the last year
in elementary school 

James, finally finding a hair style that he and mom
both agree on, ready for his first day of 4th grade. 

My elementary school buddies. It was fun watching them play games
waiting for the bus that first day of school 
One more school send off next week and we will be off to the races! Goodbye summer, I just hope the start of school brings cooler temperatures and peach desserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment