Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

I have never really been a fan of Valentine's Day. I think it dates back to being really sick on my first school Valentine's Day so since then it just hasn't been that fun. That said though my kids love it so we try to make it fun here at home.   

It all starts with the boxes, and the kids designed and put together their own boxes this year. 

James' had mustaches and many cute stickers. 

 Eve went very artistic this year. She drew flowers all over and then topped it with ribbons.
 Laine decided that add some light to hers. It had a working lamp and an on/off switch made with a paper clip.
 Since the kids' school was out on Valentine's Day they had their party the day before, which meant that our celebration carried on for a bit longer as well.

Eve made this cute Valentine in class...
 And James seemed to get a lot of hand written Valentine's from the girls in his class.

Everyone loved the treats that Grammy brought over though. The heart classes were by far the best.

The next morning we had our traditional overnight stuffed French Toast, a hit in our family.  After James finished he declared that he wouldn't have any other treats the rest of the day...that lasted about an hour.
 Then the kids and I took over Valentine's to grandparents. When we stopped at Grammy's work where Matty was very happy to see that they had pizza.
 The other kids shared a few treats.

Then there was a quick shopping stop where the kids decided to take some time to play on some giant sugar beets.
 Then it was home for heart shaped sandwiches and homemade twix bars and cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes. A favorite Valentine treat here.



That evening Christian and I left the kids with a heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's and Valentine Jell-O cups. It was a fun day and we had a fabulous time all together. As we were driving home that night I looked to Christian and said, "You know, I think I actually might like Valentine's Day now." I think that might have been the best gift I could have given him.

No comments:

Post a Comment