Thursday, February 7, 2013

We bought a house!!!

Wow, it has been ages since I posted which my husband kindly pointed out to me just last night. I promise I have a very, very, very good excuse.  We bought a house!!! In late November we were finally able to find a house. From that point on I felt I was on a high speed track that was rocketing me at speeds faster than I thought possible. I had always heard finding a home you like was difficult. I was prepared to spend months finding what I wanted  but we found it on the fourth house.  We were in love with a 1919 five bedroom, three bathroom farm house and next thing we knew our offer was accepted and we were set to close in six weeks. 

 We bought this home from a lovely woman who had lived here for 38 years. She let us come in the week before closing and tear up her basement so it was ready for when we moved in. We ripped out wallpaper and the carpet. Matty loved carrying around the water bottle and finding odd bits of carpet to sit on.
 We were so happy that so many people were willing to come help. Christian's brothers, friends, parents and even our niece Sophie got into it.

Due to a scheduling error...don't even get me started..our carpet install was delayed a week all our downstairs furniture, plus a lot of upstairs furniture was all crammed into our front room.

I spent the first week in our new house getting the upstairs unpacked. I am loving the space in this house. I have empty cupboards and closets and drawers and all my boxes are now empty.

The day the carpet came every one was happy and Matty could finally go downstairs. He celebrated by rolling around and we celebrated by having a couple guys from the neighborhood come help us move the funiture. 


So the boys did not get new paint or new carpet so they had the first room unpacked and they got to pick wall decals for their room. Matty went with Mickey. 


 And James went with Star Wars.
When we bought the house we asked James if he wanted his own room but he told us that he wanted to share with Matty. Those two have a ton of fun together. It is not uncommon to hear peals of laughter coming from their room bright and early in the morning. 


We have a small kitchen downstairs. With new tiling and fridge! It is fabulous. 
We also have a food storage room so I can get serious about that Zombie Apocalypse that others keep reminding me is coming.

 Eve's room was stripped of wall paper and painted an agreed upon shade of blue. She seems to like it and keeps the room super clean.
 I love having a playroom. We painted a chalkboard wall and the kids have loved it. It was also a lot of fun to paint.

Laine wanted a green room. it was hard to find a green that we both agreed on but she liked the way this one turned out.
 Look an upstairs room no longer covered in a whole lot of boxes and furniture
 The master room is a bit big. We don't know what to do with all space but it is nice to have a big room with an awesome built in closet.
 Our formal dining room. We really haven't had a family dinner in this room yet. I don't trust the kids with the carpeted floor.
 one of our favorite features of the house is the huge attic. They had a woodshop up their before and we now have storage and a play area. The kids love running around up their and showing friends. I love that it has a staircase so it is easy to get things up and down.
 My huge kitchen with more storage than I girl could ask for. Also a laundry chute!!! Yes!
 Our family room.
 The back yard. It is so big and has so many trees! We can't wait for spring and summer so we can see it in all its splendor.
So that is it. Our new little home, nestled on the top of a circle. Since living here 12 days we have already had two parties and it was just great to have a place for everyone to spread out and not feel crowded. Yup, I think we're going to like it here. 

2 comments:

  1. How many years do you need to pay for this big house? If you want to make your mortgage payment easy, make an extra payment aside from the monthly payment, especially if you have extra money. It could save you from paying for high interest rates in the long run. Congrats on your new house, by the way! +Carmen Monrovia

    ReplyDelete