Friday, November 2, 2012

Eve's very Potter birthday

So about 18 months ago Laine asked for a Harry Potter birthday party, it was awesome and the kids loved it. So when it came time for Eve's birthday party she of course wanted another Harry Potter party. Now full disclosure here, I did not want to do another Harry Potter party. I did everything in my power to get Eve to change her mind, to try perhaps a different type of party but I failed in my great powers of persuasion and next thing I knew I was planning yet a Harry Potter party.  

I was very grateful this time for a little site called Pintrest. I did not want to repeat the same party Laine had but I was fresh out of ideas. 

First thing we did was sent out Hogwarts' acceptance letters to seven lucky girls. 


I decided this year that I wanted to do classes so we had Charms class where they had to match the charm to what it does.
 We had a super fun potion class that included red cabbage juice and sauerkraut ...,my kitchen was smelling so good today.
 We also had Divination class where they "divined" what flavor of Jelly Bellys they had and we also did Care of Magical Creatures where they made their own owls.

To while away the time we also played some rousing games of Harry Potter Bingo!  Oh and we decorated our own wands with glow in the dark beads.


When the girls came we sorted them into houses and then handed out robes.They then sat in with their houses and competed for the house cup.

Hufflepuff jumped off to an early lead by winning the first bingo game.
 Team Gryffindor took first place in Charms class, and taking the lead.
 Everyone loved the owls too.
 Then it was time for everyone's favorite class..potions.
 We did a little chemistry here and concocted a potion with vinegar, red cabbage water, laundry detergent, and baking soda. The girls loved it.

To finish out the day we had Wizard hat cupcakes
And treats from Honeydukes. 


We had a great time and I am just hoping that James doesn't decide he wants have a Harry Potter party when he turns eight.

1 comment: