Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin carving

I learned something reading friend's and family's blogs these past weeks. If you blog you have to show pictures of kids with pumpkins. I realized that I have kids. I have pumpkins. And I have a blog. So now those three things are combing to present our offer to the kids with pumpkins blog universe.

First we start with a story. We decided this year that we would get the kids sugar pumpkins. One of the reasons was that I plan on making homemade pumpkin pie, but the main reason was so that the kids could carry their own pumpkins from the Farmer's Market back to the car and we wouldn't have to bring a stroller and a wagon. The kids thought this was a great plan and each got a pumpkin that was easy to carry. Everyone that is but Matthew. See a few weeks ago I thought it would be cute to get a really big pumpkin, clean it out, put the baby inside and snap the pictures. I mentioned it at dinner one night and the kids latched onto the idea. Next thing I knew we were at the Dan's buying a 34 lbs pumpkin.

There was one person that was not on board with this idea- Matthew.

He was not happy we woke him up from his nap to take this picture. In our defense we had a nice warm bath and a bottle waiting for him.
He didn't think that was a good trade off.

Of course later he was fed, bathed, and happy so he was happy to oblige for photos. He even cracked a smile.


The girls carved their own pumpkins this year. They even cleaned them by themselves.

Eve's had spooky fangs.

Laine's was all goopy inside and she had a hard time cleaning it out. Eventually though she beat that pumpkin.
James had a bit of help from dad on his. He was most insistent that the pumpkin have an oval nose.

All together our pumpkins made a nice addition to the Halloween decor...I just hope they taste as good as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment