Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring has sprung!!!

April has always been my favorite month, I think that is because Spring finally shows up and I love the nine months that follow.

To start out the month we had our semi-annual craft night for moms and kids. We generally hold this when the men folk go off for Priesthood meeting. This time we worked on Easter crafts. We decorated foam eggs, made necklaces and bracelets, and the boys favorite part- decorated cookies. The kids always have a lot of fun during this time and then they get to play. They favorite game is to strip James' bed and jump on it. Then the dump out all his toys and play bucket heads, a game where they run around all wearing one of the buckets James' toys once lived in.

Bridie loved the sprinkles on her cookie and the yellow ducks on her new necklace.

Laine got very crafty with her cookie decorating and produced the best looking cookie of the night.
For Bost it was more about the frosting then anything else, James felt the same way.

When the boys got back from their meeting we all sat down to some yummy ice cream sundaes with Poppa.
Bridie playing Bucket Heads

Laine, James, and Boston also get in on the bucket head action.


The next weekend was James' fourth birthday. He decided that he wanted a huge party with all his cousins and his friend Patrick. We had a birthday bash. Christian BBQed up a storm and made a six layer blueberry cake...one of his finest creations. We had ice cream and snacks galore and everyone came to celebrate our sweet boys birthday.

Vi did not take off the fireman's hat until she had to leave. She also loved that ice cream cone.

James and his monster blue berry cake! Did I mention my husband made it from scratch???

A happy boy on his happy birthday!


The blueberry spider!

Five days after James' birthday, I had my birthday. Christian once again pulled out all the stops and made a delicious lemon cake and some awesome BBQ chicken breasts. We had a smaller affair with just a bit of family over and my friend Darlene. It was fun to just sit and chat...and eat more cake.
Happy birthday to me!!! My SBOs at school surprised me with cake and ice cream too! They are a good bunch of kids.

Uncle Zach and Ezzie.

All in all April has treated us well so far. Here is to making the last week even better!!! And maybe, if I play my cards right it might stop snowing.

1 comment: