Saturday, March 12, 2011

Forts!

It is not a surprise to anyone that I like to be crafty. Unfortunately being sick and working full time has left me little time to actually work on crafts. I have a half finished baby sweater and another four or five in queue to get done. Well last summer I worked on my first jean quilt top on my own. It has sat on my sewing table since July and I even got the bottom sewn and ready, I just didn't quilt it.

This weekend I finally had some extra time...and energy...to actually put the quilt together. And with some help from Paul and Christian, I was able to finally get the quilt up. Of course the kids found this to be the best thing ever as they had a new fort and liked to pretend apparating from one end of the quilt to another. Who knew it would be so easy to entertain them.

These first pictures are from Saturday night, that is why the girls are styling in there hair/curler protectors.




Christian made me go to bed as well shortly after these pictures were taken. The quilt had maybe 15 minutes work left but I was tired so went off to bed. Sunday afternoon I decided to finish the quilt only to walk in and found that the kids had truly taken their fort to a new level:



It was decked out with quilts, pillows, and looked like a whole lot of fun. I ended up waiting to finish the quilt until Sunday night, after most had gone to bed. The girls are already asking when the next quilt is going up. I am not sure if that is because I told them I would teach them how to make their own quilts this summer, or that they like to watch the needle "pop", or so they can set up a new fort...probably all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment