Wednesday, September 15, 2010

On the road to being a domestic goddess

When I was in college I found some great friends and together we decided that our goal one day was to become a domestic goddess. Not quite sure what that entails, we decided one day that it meant we became Martha Stewarts (as she is the ultimate domestic goddess) but we quickly realized that her staff makes her job quite easy. So we have each pursued our goal in hopes that one day we would reach our goal. Well, this summer I have made some pretty good strides in my road to domestic goddesshood. For Mother's Day Christian got me a sewing machine. My sewing skills consist of sewing a sort of straight line, but I was determined to win. I made a levi quilt top and only broke three needles. I also made Laine and James curtains...with a little bit of mom help.


James' curtains, he will be getting a quilt and pillow case out of his chosen fabric too.

Laine's curtains. She wanted blue and with fairies. Thank you Wal-mart fabric gods for providing.


Having proven my sewing skills I turned to my knitting. I have now completed the lovely pink afghan. I also finished a lovely purple baby sweater for a friend.

Then to finish the trifecta of domestic goddessesness I took on cooking.

I only wish that I had taken pictures when my 14 loaves (12 were mini) of zucchini bread were done, the twelve jars of jam, the three lasagnas, and the decadent chocolate cake with homemade fondant. Though the jam seemed to present a few problems all turned out well.

Next up- Canning!!!

4 comments:

  1. Natalie, that is so awesome! I am so happy for you!

    Much love,
    ~Alie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, you truly are amazing. I think you're well on your way to reaching your goal. Next up after canning - my projects...kidding! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I approve of Blue and Fairies. Can I come be your kid?

    ReplyDelete